Policy active as of 28th June 2022.
At City Air Tech, we take your privacy seriously
This document focuses on personal information related to the operation of CAT Air App.
- We will be transparent about the different types of information we collect and how we use them.
- We will ask your permission before sharing your personal information with third parties for purposes other than at your request or to provide and improve City Air Tech products & services, and to do so only when we think they will provide you with a welcome additional service.
- We will use best-in-class data security tools to keep your data safe and protect the City Air Tech products and services from unauthorised access.
What personal information does CAT Air App collect?
CAT Air App collects:
- Information you provide us directly
- Device identifiers
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username and e-mail address when you register for a CAT Air App account
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile. (e.g., your first and last name)
- Data records of your City Air Tech monitor if you register your device to your CAT Air App
- Your location
- When you use a device, such a smartphone or a tablet to access to the CAT Air App, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “identifiers” (including device model, MAC address, OS version and device location). Identifiers are data, files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your device, which uniquely identify your device. An identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by CAT AirApp. We collect device information for you and other users to utilise our product features, such as Bluetooth pairing, that allow you to better utilise our app functionality.
Your Permission: Permission for data collection and processing.
International data transfers. Your personal information may be collected, processed and stored by City Air Tech or its service providers in the countries where our servers reside. If you are using City Air Tech products and services in the European Economic Area or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from other countries’ data laws, you agree to the transfer of your personal data to the countries where City AIr Tech operates.
How does City AIr Tech use the information it collects?
We use this information to provide, develop and improve City Air Tech products and services, including to make assessments and recommendations about products and safety.
When we’re providing a product or service.
We process your data to provide and support a product or service that you’ve asked for under a contract.
When we’re pursuing legitimate interests.
We process your information for our legitimate interests while applying appropriate safeguards that protect your privacy. This means that we process your information for things like:
- offering and improving City Air Tech products and services
- developing new products and features
- understanding how people use our products and services
- sending you other communications from City Air Tech
- protecting against harm to the rights, property and safety of City Air Tech, our users, and the public
- detecting, preventing or otherwise addressing fraud, abuse, security or technical issues with our services
- maintaining and improving the integrity of our computing systems, and protecting our users’ data security
- enforcing legal claims, including investigation of potential violations of our terms or policies when we’re complying with legal obligations.
We process your data when we have a legal obligation to do so, for example, if we’re responding to a legal process or an enforceable governmental request.
With your consent: We ask for your consent to process your information for certain specific purposes and give you the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
In what circumstances does City Air Tech share my information?
Under no circumstance we share personal information for any commercial or marketing purpose unrelated to the activation and delivery of City Air Tech products and services without asking you first. We do not rent or sell our customer lists.
The following are the limited situations where we may share personal information:
With your permission: We may share personal information when we have your permission. One example of this would be to provide third party maintenance services.
For troubleshooting: To help solve any of your problems related to City Air Tech products and services, City Air Tech employees can access certain limited information about you or your account to the extent that this enables the troubleshooting purpose
What choices do I have and how can I delete my personal information?
City Air Tech generally stores your personal information on City Air Tech servers until you delete or edit it, or for as long as you remain a City Air Tech customer in order to provide you with City Air Tech products and services. In addition, City Air Tech may store your personal information to resolve disputes, establish legal defences, conduct audits, pursue legitimate business purposes, enforce our agreements and comply with applicable laws.
You can access, amend or delete your personal information from City Air Tech servers through the Account Management in the Settings on CAT Air App. You can also request City Air Tech to delete your account information on our servers at any time, by contacting us at email@example.com.
Individual Rights in the European Economic Area.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, you may seek confirmation regarding whether City Air Tech is processing personal information about you, request access to your personal information and ask that we correct, amend or delete your personal information. In addition, you may object to City Air Tech processing of your personal information at any time. However, doing so may impact your use of the products and services of City Air Tech.
If applicable law provides you with the right to request access to, object to or restrict processing, seek rectification or request erasure of personal information held about you by City Air Tech, you may do so, as applicable, through controls in the CAT Air App application or by contacting City Air Tech. To protect your privacy, City Air Tech will endeavour to take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your personal information.
When we transfer personal data from the European Economic Area and Switzerland to other countries, we use a variety of legal mechanisms to help ensure your data is appropriately protected.
How can I contact City Air Tech?
If you have any questions, you may submit an enquiry to our support desk:
City Air Technologies Limited
2-4 Gatton Road